*Note: the totals are from both the blog entries AND Twitter votes!
Even though he's juggling launch parties and calls from Oprah, my partner in crime Josh Berk (http://www.joshberkbooks.com) is the awesome M.C. of what may be
THE MOST IMPORTANT AWARDS CEREMONY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD...without further adieu may we present...THE SMOOCHIES!
In case you couldn't understand a word of what Mr. Berk was saying, here are the results:
BEST OTHERWORLDY KISS:
1. Magnus & Alec from City of Glass by Cassie Clare (9)
2. Clary & Jace from City of Glass by Cassie Clare (8)
3. Daniel & Grace from The Dark Divine by Bree Despain (7)
BEST REALISTIC KISS:
1. Clary & Jace from City of Glass by Cassie Clare (6)
2. Peeta & Katniss from Catching Fire (3)
3. (TIE-we didn't have the heart to break it!) Alex & Brittany from Perfect Chemistry (3)
Alex & Gavin from The Season by Sarah McLean (3)
BEST OVERALL KISS:
Sam And Grace From Shiver by Maggie Steifvater (12)
Jace and Clary from City of Glass by Cassie Clare (10)
Patch & Nora from Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (9)
The subtle differences *wink* between 'otherworldly' and 'realistic' were a bit confusing for all. Don't aim your poison darts at us. We're writers, not demi-gods. Okay, fine. We're demi-gods.
BONUS SMOOCHIES! to the fabulous Maggie Stiefvater (SHIVER) and Bree Despain (THE DARK DIVINE) for being especially SMOOCHILICIOUS! (They were not asked to accept via puppet. That was a coincidence. YA authors are weird. AND AWESOME. :)